Monday, November 2, 2009

A Slutastic Halloween

Mike doesn't dress up.

He thinks that if he wears anything with the University of Utah logo on it, he can pass himself off as a Ute fan on Halloween. So, for the past three years, it's always been a fight to convince him that you can't wear something you wear everyday for Halloween. It just doesn't work like that. That is not the point of Halloween! Halloween is the one day a year you can dress up and be crazy and no one can say anything.

So, since we needed costumes for a Halloween party, I knew a battle was brewing. I took Mike to the Halloween costume store and told him to pick something he would wear, and then I would try to find something to go with it.
Big mistake.

He came to me with this:
He wanted to go as Hugh Hefner.

Great.

Which meant that I was to go as his Playboy Bunny:

So not happening.

After a lengthy search, I finally found a costume that wasn't too revealing. (Don't get me wrong, in the words of Jen, it was "slutastic.") But, I figured if I wore my leotard underneath, maybe I wouldn't feel like I was baring it all. (I'm positive the only reason Mike wanted to be Hugh was so that he could get a pipe.)

Needless to say, this was the end result: Sarah & Ryan were adorable as Dorothy and the Scarecrow:
Luckily, Sarah was just as slutastic as I was:
Jill & Durrant (sorry guys, gotta say this) put NO thought into their costumes! Which is probably why I didn't get a picture of them. They just wore football jerseys. Again, Halloween is about being something you're not everyday!

But Jen & Ed (our newly engaged couple) were too cute as Mr. & Mrs. Republican: This is especially funny since Jen is a die-hard Democrat (I loved the pearls!).

I had invited a few friends to come and join us in the celebration and Justin & Janelle kindly obliged.

They also put no thought into their costumes:But they were coming from Janelle's Grandfather's 80th birthday party, so I accept their excuse. This time.

And I have to give Janelle major credit. Brave doesn't begin to describe her.

She wore a BYU shirt.

To a den full of Ute fans.

And not just any Ute fans. Season ticket holding, cry when they lose Ute fans.

It's amazing she came out alive.

We played that game where you tie the donut to the string and then have to eat it without your hands:
Mostly, it was a good time has by all. And major thanks to Jill & Durrant for opening their home to us.

Next year, I'm picking out our costumes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hey, Asher was a penguin - there was thought put into that! ;)