Monday, November 2, 2009

The Black-Out Game

Halloween Night.

What else would we want to do but freeze our butts off at a football game? Saturday night was the 2nd Annual "Black-Out Game" for the U. That's when the team wears black jerseys and I have a hard time remembering which team I'm rooting for. It's all so confusing when they switch colors up on me like that. But it is pretty cool, because the crowd looks like this: Wyoming was the first on the board. And then we missed a field goal. Crap. But we made the next attempt and Wyoming answered with a touchdown. Needless to say, at the end of the 3rd quarter, the score was 9-10. And all of our points were field goals. FIELD GOALS. Were we going to win this game by FIELD GOALS? NO! The Utes finally scored 2 actual touchdowns in the 4th and the final score was 22-10.

Go UTES!

I finally remembered to bring my "game faces" for the game so Sarah and I really got into the spirit. Like my new beanie? Mike bought it for me especially for the Black-Out Game. He's so sweet.

Sarah has a fancy hat with a "bedazzled" drum and feather on it. It matched her shirt (which you can't see in the picture), and it felt really cool.
This was also a special occasion, because Jen finally made it to a game! Ed and Jen missed most of the first half because they were busy registering at Smith & Edwards. Heidi and Jessie bought matching beanies. If they didn't look like twins before . . . Mike was able to come and sit by us most of the first half this game. Which is really nice, because I miss him when he's not around. Anyway, Kim, from my own personal Hell on Earth (aka WORK), claimed my tickets again and I had so much fun sitting with her. Kim really is a great person.

At one point during the game, she dropped something. And this is the ensuing conversation:

Me: Kim, you dropped something.

Kim: Oops! (And she hurried and snatched it up.)

Me: Kim! Is that a FUN FLASK?!

Kim: Shhhhh!!!

Yes, Kim snuck a fun flask into the game. If anyone deserves to have a fun flask, it's Kim.

So, the Utes win again. In other (and more important, to me, anyway) news: Yankees lead the Phillies in the World Series 3-1! Last night's game was very exciting. In the top of the 9th inning, Johnny Damon had a base hit that put him on 1st base. When he stole 2nd, the 2nd baseman missed the throw and Johnny stole 3rd with the 2nd baseman chasing after him. It was like Johnny was saying, "Ha, ha, you can't catch me!" I'd never seen anything like that before.

Only 1 more win!

Go YANKS!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

HA HA I love that you put my shirt felt really cool! Now everyone knows you like to grope my chest... WINK! P.S. I think the picture of us two is UBBER cute:)

Sarah said...

BTW... You're eyes look SO SO SO green in these pictures!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I wish we could have been there! We were ready and everything, but Asher broke two teeth and was miserable. So, we stayed home - wearing our black, mind you - and listened to it on the radio. We almost turned it off we were so disgusted, but I'm glad we made it a win in the end.

ps - your blog rocks! :)

Sweet J said...

That's right fools buy me a gun for my wedding!!!!