Tuesday, November 24, 2009

San Diego Game

Once again, we braved the cold (and supposed snow) to watch our beloved Utes play against San Diego this past Saturday.

Tom and Stephanie drove all the way from California just for the game (and Thanksgiving). They're here until after the BYU game, and I know Mike has been happy to spend some time with his closest brother. (Inside fact about Mike's family: Mike is the youngest of 9. Yes, 9. And there are 10 years between him and Tom, and then 10 years between Tom and the 7th child (which I can't remember who that is at the moment; sometimes it's hard to keep everyone straight in that family; I think it's either Elaine or Alan.), so even though Mike is the youngest of 9, he still was basically brought up as an only child. He also has siblings that are older than my parents. That really freaked me out in the beginning.)

The game was boring. Why? This was the score at halftime: You might think that it would be exciting to be up 38-0 at halftime, but in this scenerio it just made the game last even longer. I mean, there was zero excitement. ZERO. All we did was score touchdown after touchdown with no returns by San Diego. BORING. (Amazingly, I actually like it when there's some conflict during the game.) But, then the Sun Devils(?) (is that the mascot for San Diego?) rallied in the 2nd half and made one whole touchdown! Which made the final score: Wait a minute. We never scored in the 2nd half during this game? No wonder the 2nd half was even more boring than the 1st.

It was FREEZING! So cold, in fact, that Sarah and I had to buy new headgear to keep warm. Lucky for Sarah, she had Ryan to keep her warm, but I only had Mike next to me to block the wind for 1/2 the game. Anyway, we won. GO UTES!

Next week is the TDS RIVALRY! (TDS = Team Down South)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like our headbands! Great buy for sure! And next time we'll forget about Ryan and keep each other warm;)

Ryan W said...

San Diego State is the Aztecs. Arizona State is the Sun Devils.