Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
She loved the toys in the waiting room.
What she didn't love was the poking, the prodding, and the stretching that the doctors did to her.
It has been determined that Lucy's JIA is not getting any better with the treatment she is on and we must move to the next step.
We just really hope and pray that it works!
In happier news, we were blessed with a new great-niece and a great-nephew this past week. Congratulations to Ashley and Rusty on Baby Claire and to Chris and Kelli on Baby Tyler!
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Oh, and Lucy threw up. (We should probably keep that little fact from Patty & Mike. Oops.)
But she's fine now.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
She weighs 20lbs (that's with all her clothes and shoes on). Which puts her in the 32% for weight.
She is 29 inches tall (again, that's with her shoes on). Which puts her in the 47% for height.
Tall no longer! Guess my short genes are starting to kick in.
(I could have killed the nurses that day - since it was her 12 month appointment, Lucy had to get some shots, 6 shots to be exact, and since I went alone last time, I made Mike stay in the room with her by himself (pretty mean of me, but I could still hear her screaming outside). Well, come to find out, they forgot to give her one shot, so they had to poke her again. She screamed and kept looking at me like I'd betrayed her. Stupid nurses.)
My mom threw Lucy an awesome 1st birthday party (complete with most of our family). She even made Lucy an adorable tutu for her to wear. She also printed out a bunch of picutures of Lucy and made a timeline of her life so far. It was adorable (is my mom the greatest, or what?)!
I "helped" make the cake for Lucy to tear apart (that's why it's the leaning tower of birthday cake). We tried to get her to dive into the cake, but she was more interested in the candies and the frosting. I had specified "no gifts," but nobody listened to me, so Lucy got spoiled rotten!
Grandma Kay made Lucy a beautiful red sweater and when the other grandkids saw it, I believe there was a discussion about how come the rest of them didn't get sweaters and it was obvious who the favorite grandchild was now (uh, duh).
She also got some toys, books and clothes. The girl is seriously spoiled.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
(Mike took this picture this morning. Still in her pajamas, no bath yet, but she's still beautiful.)
Happy Birthday, Monkey!
Malinda is an incredibly amazing person. She's literally been through hell and back and she's come out the other side with strength, amibtion and faith (and with two beautiful kids!)
6. Marilyn Monroe.
Marilyn said, " Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady." Absolutely true. I wish more girls out there would follow this advice and realize they don't need to have all their, ahem, assets on display for the whole world to see.
Plus, she was a size 14 when she made Some Like It Hot and she was still considered a sex icon.
7. My nephew, Tyson. Tyson is 10 years old. But he has a very tender heart and is such a good big brother to his brother and sister and a great cousin to Lucy. He always makes sure everyone is included and never lets anyone feel left out. Plus, we've recently learned he has a killer singing voice (we should probably really encourage that, Aimee!)
8. My aunt, Linda. Linda has been through a lot in her life (and I'm still learning new things about her everyday). She has experienced great loss. I don't think she loves anything more than she loves her children and her grandchildren. Linda was baptized a member of the church at the same time as my mom, but she was never active until a few years ago. She is the reason I know that families are for eternity. And Lucy LOVES Aunt Linda. I mean, LOVES her. To the point of making Grandma jealous. Lucy always runs straight to Linda any time we see her. We can't figure it out. She senses how great Linda is. Plus (and no offense if he reads this), anyone who can live with my Uncle Marshall is assured a place in heaven!
9. My (Mike's) niece, Heather. Heather is the spokesperson for following your dreams! She recently returned to school to pursue a degree in dance and I couldn't be prouder of her (or more jealous that she gets to dance for 6 hours a day). She decided that was her dream and she went out and got it!
10. Lucy. Being a mother is the hardest, most gratifying thing I have ever done. She has made me whole.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Saturday, April 7, 2012
1. Study harder.
2. Lighten up. Don't be so judgmental.
3. You will be friends with Mary and Angie for a very long time. Appreciate them.
4. Speaking of friends, get rid of the dumb blonde one. She does not treat you right and will eventually rip your heart out and stab you in the back. Dump her NOW.
5. Take a few risks.
6. Your sisters are great.
7. Some day you will marry a wonderful man.
8. Take more pictures of your grandparents. They won't be around forever and you will miss them immensly.
9. Keep dancing.
10. Yes, he's gone. It will be hard and you will still miss him, but it will get easier. You still won't be able to sing "Called to Serve."
Friday, April 6, 2012