Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 3: 30 Things in 30 Days

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

I don't think there is anything I could say that could convey the feelings of love, respect and devotion I have for my parents.

My mom is bascially my best friend and lately, I'd say that my dad is Mike's best friend (they'd probably both deny it, though).

My dad survived being the only male in a house full of girls (not an easy task, I'm sure, especially at certain times of the month).

Funny story: About 10 years ago, we were all at my cousin's wedding in Las Vegas, and they were passing out champagne for the toast. Well, being the goody-two shoes that I am, I had never tasted alcohol before, so I tried one teeny-tiny sip (it was nasty, by the way). My dad was so disappointed in me and gave me a big lecture on how he was so proud that he had never tasted alcohol in his entire life. Oh, the shame that I felt! (I HATE disappointing my dad.) Well, come to find out - when he was on his mission, he and his companion decided to try to make home-made rootbeer and . . . (can you see where this is heading?) they brewed something a little stronger than rootbeer in their Brazilian apartment. THE HYPOCRITE! AND ON HIS MISSION! Guilt be gone from me!

My dad is an extremely spiritual man (despite his "rootbeer" incident), and gets choked up on several occasions. He's the reason we say we can't read the phone book without crying. I really love that about him.

Especially since I married a man with no heart.
Bazinga.

My mom.

I still apsire to be just like her.

She is the most creative, wonderful person ever (if you follow pinterest - she can make anything on there and I'm sure most everything was her idea to begin with).

I'm so lucky that if I can't be with Lucy during the day, at least she's with someone who loves her so much. I think she said "Grandma (Oh-ma)" before she said "Momma."

I often say that Mike and I work because Mike is just like my mom and I'm just like my dad. (Again, Mike will probably disagree, but it's true).
There's a lot more I could say about how wonderful my parents are, but the believe this gush-fest has gone on long enough!

1 comment:

Candee Robinson said...

Lissa you are so sweet. Thanks for all the accolades. One thing to add to Dad's rootbeer story...he didn't realize that making rootbeer that way would make it eighty proof...until they offered some to their mission president.