Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1st Birthday Party

We took Lucy to see Allen (or Dr. Freestone) and learned the following things about her:
She weighs 20lbs (that's with all her clothes and shoes on). Which puts her in the 32% for weight.
She is 29 inches tall (again, that's with her shoes on). Which puts her in the 47% for height.
Tall no longer! Guess my short genes are starting to kick in.
(I could have killed the nurses that day - since it was her 12 month appointment, Lucy had to get some shots, 6 shots to be exact, and since I went alone last time, I made Mike stay in the room with her by himself (pretty mean of me, but I could still hear her screaming outside). Well, come to find out, they forgot to give her one shot, so they had to poke her again. She screamed and kept looking at me like I'd betrayed her. Stupid nurses.)

My mom threw Lucy an awesome 1st birthday party (complete with most of our family). She even made Lucy an adorable tutu for her to wear. She also printed out a bunch of picutures of Lucy and made a timeline of her life so far. It was adorable (is my mom the greatest, or what?)!


I "helped" make the cake for Lucy to tear apart (that's why it's the leaning tower of birthday cake). We tried to get her to dive into the cake, but she was more interested in the candies and the frosting. I had specified "no gifts," but nobody listened to me, so Lucy got spoiled rotten!


Grandma Kay made Lucy a beautiful red sweater and when the other grandkids saw it, I believe there was a discussion about how come the rest of them didn't get sweaters and it was obvious who the favorite grandchild was now (uh, duh).


She also got some toys, books and clothes. The girl is seriously spoiled.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was a cute party :)
Happy first birthday sweet Lucy!