Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 9: 30 Things in 30 Days

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1. My parents. For obvious reasons if you follow this blog.

2. President Gordon B. Hinckley.

President Hinckley did a lot for my family while he was alive. His counsel really helped cement my testimony.

3. My sisters, Aimee & Jennifer.

(Couldn't do one without the other, right?) Oh, hell, do we fight and yell. But we're sisters, that's what we do. They both drive me completely crazy (and I'm pure joy and sunshine 24-7, right?), but they are always there for me. No judgment (well, maybe a little judgment). (And strangely, I have no pictures of my sisters.)

4. My friend, Missy. (Sorry, Miss, the only picture I have of us is when we were both wearing horrible wigs!)

Missy is the kind of person who just makes you happy to be around. She is the most sincere, loving person I have ever had the honor and privledge to know and I'm so happy that I can call her my friend. I hope she won't mind me divulging some private details, but Missy is not able to have children, and I've never met a person who deserved to be a mother more than she does. She's the reason that Mike and I decided to stop being selfish and to become parents. Plus, her totally awesome husband sounds just like Elder L. Tom Perry.

5. My counsin, Malinda.

Malinda is an incredibly amazing person. She's literally been through hell and back and she's come out the other side with strength, amibtion and faith (and with two beautiful kids!)
6. Marilyn Monroe.


Marilyn said, " Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady." Absolutely true. I wish more girls out there would follow this advice and realize they don't need to have all their, ahem, assets on display for the whole world to see.


Plus, she was a size 14 when she made Some Like It Hot and she was still considered a sex icon.


7. My nephew, Tyson. Tyson is 10 years old. But he has a very tender heart and is such a good big brother to his brother and sister and a great cousin to Lucy. He always makes sure everyone is included and never lets anyone feel left out. Plus, we've recently learned he has a killer singing voice (we should probably really encourage that, Aimee!)


8. My aunt, Linda. Linda has been through a lot in her life (and I'm still learning new things about her everyday). She has experienced great loss. I don't think she loves anything more than she loves her children and her grandchildren. Linda was baptized a member of the church at the same time as my mom, but she was never active until a few years ago. She is the reason I know that families are for eternity. And Lucy LOVES Aunt Linda. I mean, LOVES her. To the point of making Grandma jealous. Lucy always runs straight to Linda any time we see her. We can't figure it out. She senses how great Linda is. Plus (and no offense if he reads this), anyone who can live with my Uncle Marshall is assured a place in heaven!


9. My (Mike's) niece, Heather. Heather is the spokesperson for following your dreams! She recently returned to school to pursue a degree in dance and I couldn't be prouder of her (or more jealous that she gets to dance for 6 hours a day). She decided that was her dream and she went out and got it!


10. Lucy. Being a mother is the hardest, most gratifying thing I have ever done. She has made me whole.

No comments: