Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 7: 30 Thing in 30 Days

7. What is your dream job, and why?

It's amazing how life changes you.

5 years ago I would have said my dream job was to be an attorney (no thank you; I'd rather not be bitter and mean and treat people like dirt).

10 years ago I had a crazy pipe dream of going to New York and auditioning for Broadway shows (Ha! I definitely don't have the talent for that).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now the only thing I want in the whole world is to be a stay-at-home mom and be able to be with Lucy everyday.

And if you'd asked me what my dream job was 5 years ago (or even 1 year ago) there's no way I would have said stay-at-home mom. I thought I always wanted to work - but now I would give my right arm to be able to stay with Lucy.

Literally. You can have my right arm! Cut it right off! I won't complain or miss it! Hugging Lucy might be a bit more difficult, but I'll take it if it means I don't have to miss any more of her life. I'll gladly become a one-armed woman!

I envy those moms who are able to stay home with their kids. I know a lot of them out there don't even appreciate what they have. You are so lucky! Be grateful that you get to experience the tiny moments each day with your child. You get to see milestones that us working moms miss. You don't have to worry about your child not knowing who their "momma" is.

Alas, for me, it is just a dream job that will probably never be fulfilled.

No comments: