Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon Premiere

Yes, it's true. We went to the New Moon Premiere. At midnight. I'm sure lots of you out there have seen it and can't think why this would be so special. So, allow me to enlighten you.

We went to the New Moon Experience. Yes, EXPERIENCE.

Let's start at the very beginning (and in the words of Julie Andrews, "a very good place to start"):

About 2 months ago, Sarah called me up and asked if I wanted to go to New Moon at midnight. Now, I had my reservations. Mainly because it was on a Thursday at midnight and I knew I would have to work the next day. But how could I say no seeing it at midnight and with Sarah, Jill and Annie? I couldn't! So, I didn't. (Yes, I went to work the next day, and yes, I was exhausted.)

But I wouldn't have traded it for anything! So, Sarah booked me, Jill, her sister, Annie, and herself tickets to the New Moon Experience, Edward-style. Yes, Sarah loves Edward. So, naturally, we went to an Edward-themed theater. (Later, we found out that Jill is Pro-Jacob. Now, being one who would take either in a heart-beat, I tried not to take sides. Just call me Switerzland. I also sat between them during the movie, just to make sure no there was no squabbling. I had to play referee more than once!)

Sarah and I decided we needed to buy shirts to wear that night. It was really fun walking past people and hearing them read our shirts out loud. I have to say, mine is very true. It says, "I was pale before Twilight made it cool," in case you're having a hard time reading my boobs. Sarah's is a little more naughty, "Edward can Bust my headboard, Bite my pillows, and Bruise my body anyday!"When first we entered the Experience we immediately had to get jeweled and feathered-up courtesy of some hair school:
Annie getting "Sparkled."Jill getting "Sparkled."

Sarah getting "Sparkled." And the final shiny, be-jeweled product:
Then we wait. Sarah is a genius and thought to bring Phase Ten to pass the time.

Now for the fun part. The goody bags! We actually got a lot of really cool stuff, all Twilight-themed, of course. There was a license-plate cover that said "Faster than a Speeding Cullen," a t-shirt (Jill asked if she could have a Jacob t-shirt instead, but the Twilight nazi's refused her. The meanies.), a button with Edward's head on it, some sun-changing nail polish, and lots of other really cool stuff.

Then we were allowed to take our picture with Edward and Jacob!Notice how Edward is staring right at Sarah and Jacob is staring right at Jill! They were both so happy.

Our goody bags also came with (of course!) FANGS! We had a really good time and can't wait to do it again in June! (Yes, can you believe that Eclipse comes out in JUNE?! And June, as in, 6 months from now!)

(Oh, yeah. The movie. it was MUCH better than the first one. It's amazing what having a decent budget can do for special effects.

But, cheese with money is still cheese.

And, boy, are there some parts that are cheesey!

Example (Spoiler Alert!): When Alice is showing the Volturi that she sees Bella as a vampire, it shows her vision of Edward and Bella running through the forest. In slow motion. Seriously reminded me of Baywatch. The whole theater laughed.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was an AWESOME night! I can't wait to do it again:) Next time you HAVE to take the next day off. We'll get pedi's FOR SURE!!!