Sunday, November 8, 2009

The New Mexico Massacre

Sarah and I realized something this past Saturday.
We've become exactly what our husbands want us to be.

We've become Ute fans.

I know what you're thinking:

What? I thought they were always Ute fans? What the hell are all these football posts about if their NOT fans?!
Let me explain:

This past Saturday was a home game against the New Mexico Lobos. And Ryan couldn't come to the game. So, Sarah came anyway and brought her sister, Annie.

My friend, Remmington, from work and his friend, Carly (I love her sunglasses), came over to visit with us before the game started.
This is us "working" the camera.

And when Kim came: Sarah also brought her brother, Ryan, (not to be confused with her husband, Ryan) and his friend, Mark (maybe? Can't really remember). But they didn't last past the first half. Because they were kicked out. For bringing alcohol into the game. HA! Definitely made me laugh and I don't even know them! (Kim was careful with her fun flask this week.)

And now the moment you've all been waiting for: The delicousness that is Cowboy Corndogs! Sarah, Annie and I all thoroughly enjoyed our Cowboy Corndogs.

Mike came around eventually and we took the usual picture. (I've noticed that all of our pictures together at the game look like this. So this could really be from a different game and how would you know?) Anyway, back to the reason why Sarah and I are true fans now:

We're sitting there in the 4th quarter and it's freezing. Also, the Utes are up 45-7. So, the probability of a win is in the bag. Sarah leans over to me and says, "I can't believe we're still here. It's freezing and we've obviously won the game. Crap. Does this mean that we're real fans now?"

Me: "You mean we're here when our husbands aren't forcing us to be and we're having fun? In the freezing cold weather? Wow."

Anyway, for those fans who figured that since the win was in the bag and left early, the Lobos did score another touchdown. With 16.9 seconds left in the game. Give it up people! So, the final score was 45-14. Go UTES!

And, I totally found Mike's birthday present for this year! We saw this guy while standing in line while waiting to partake of the yumminess that is Cowboy Corndogs: Won't he look adorable?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe you blogged and admitted our realization. Oh well it's not so bad:) They have cute clothes! Oh BTW... We're SO getting Mike AND Ryan the same present!!!
P.S. I stole some pictures for my blog:) Thanks

Aim Aug said...

Can't wait to see Mike in those pants!

Jill said...

Where are those overalls? I think I need to get some for Durrant. Then we can have Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Do, and Tweedle Dum... ;)