Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 3 of Our Trip to California

Day 3.
Disneyland!
While waiting for Tom, Stephanie, Heidi & Jessie, Mike and I took a ride on the fire truck. Where we met Alfred:
He told us all sorts of stories during our ride (we were the only ones on the truck). And I got to ring the bell!

So, being in a certain condition, I wasn't allowed to go on some of the bigger rides, so while Mike, Tom and the girls went on Space Mountain, Stephanie and I took a ride on the Carousel: Which I hadn't been on since I was a kid, because Mike thinks it's a waste.
Once again, we missed seeing my friend Jared, because he was off doing an Independent Film (and yes! He really does exist!). Too bad.

Disneyland was actually pretty crowded this time around. Not as bad as last Christmas, but still not as good as it was when we went the same week 2 years ago.

The Toy Story 2 ride in California Adventure always has the longest line. Heidi, with her snazzy 3-D glasses, waiting to ride: My favorite part this time around?

While everyone else went to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (another no no for me), Stephanie and I went to see this: Yes, Michael Jackson in Captain Eo has returned to Disneyland!

Jessie bought a new hat: And Stephanie and I pushed our way to the front of the line to ride It's a Small World:

One thing I would recommend, but I didn't take any pictures of, would be to go see World of Color show in California Adventure. It's like the fountains at Bellagio on crack. It's a water show that has projections of Disney movies.

And I played the pregancy card for the first time. We had been walking all day and my back and hips starting hurting (for pretty much the first time ever) and there were these empty benches at the back of the pack of people that were roped off, and I went up to the Disney girl working there and told her that I was pregnant and couldn't bear to stand up anymore and might we sit on the benches? She let us right in.
I felt guilty about it, but not guilty enough to give up our seats.
My family is going to Disneyland at the end of January for our Christmas this year, and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get a wheelchair just to get around!
The World of Color show was amazing! Until . . . the show ends and everyone claps and then . . . they put up an advertisment for Tron: Legacy. Mike said it totally ruined it for him. What a ploy, to sneak in advertising when least expected.
So, that was Day 3 of Our Trip to California.
We came home the next day, so that is also the last of Our Trip to California.
The End.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm SO SO jealous! I'm glad you had a good time but I'm sorry that it rained and was busy. Better luck in Januray:)