Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh, Boys, Boys, Boys!

Well . . .
What can I say?

At least Mike didn't go to Notre Dame on our own dime. If he had, I would be really mad that we spent all that money to go watch the team LOSE (again!). But, he did get to go to Notre Dame courtesy of the bookstore. And he said it was a really good experience and he's thinking of applying for jobs out there.

Could he possibly become a Notre Dame fan (insert GASP here!) if he was working for them?

No.

Don't be silly.

He'll always be a Ute fan.

And I learned something about myself this weekend:

Mike was gone, and for the first time in 4 years, I didn't have to watch the game. Sarah asked me if I wanted to come over and watch it with them, but I said, no, because I figured if Mike wasn't with me, I wouldn't watch it.

Man, was I wrong.

I did watch it.

All by myself.

I was just sitting at our house and what do you know? The game just happened to keep appearing on the screen. (There were times when I had to change the channel, because it was just too difficult to watch, but I always came back to it.)

I know, right?

WHAT?!

Mike certainly has trained me well.

The final score of the game was 3-28. (Yes, the players will now be running back from Canada if they ever ask me for a ride again.) They just don't care anymore.

Some of the highlights from Mike's trip:

He saw the Sear's Tower:He ate at Gino's Pizza in Chicago.


He didn't see Oprah.

Or where Wicked is playing.

Oh, well, next time.

We're going to L.A. for the San Diego game this weekend. Which means . . . :

DISNEYLAND!

And we will also be watching the new Harry Potter movie on opening day . . . at the Cinerama Dome!

Jealous?

1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

Very jealous! Trained? No, not trained...corrupted, definitely corrupted. Have a safe trip. Hope they win!