Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Rivalry Game

Ah, yes. The BYU/Utah game arrived at last.

Remember last year's game?

I went with Mike down to Provo and was viciously beaten at corn-hole, lost my lucky earring and had my red scarf stolen! And then that solider stood in front of me for the whole entire game! Not to mention that we lost!

Last year really sucked.


But this year . . .
Oh, THIS YEAR!

To say it was a tense game would be an understatement. And I have to give Mike credit; he figured we were going to lose, but he was in a pretty good mood anyway.

He kept cheering when the refs would give BYU a good call.

I know.

It's like an alien pod-person was sitting next to me.

The game didn't go so well for Utah in the first half. Actually, for the first 3 quarters.BYU was ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter 0-13.

Mike has always said that God is a Notre Dame fan. And since Notre Dame humiliated us so completely earlier this year, I think He must have been giving us some redemption for that failure.

How do I know?

Because the Utes scored 17 points in the 4th quarter.

So . . . the score is 17-16 and BYU has the ball. All they have to do is get within field goal range and the game is theirs.

A VERY TENSE, NAIL-BITING, I THINK I'M GOING TO THROW-UP THAT DELCIOUS COWBOY CORNDOG I ATE EARLIER MOMENT.

BYU sets up the ball, preparing to kick a field goal, 1 second is left on the play clock, WHEN . . .

BRANDON BURTON blocks the field goal attempt!!! I literally think my heart stopped beating.

I kept waiting for the officials to tell us it hadn't really happened. That we didn't really just win the game with a blocked field goal attempt with 1 second left.

But it did happen.

The Utes defeat BYU 17-16.GO UTES! And with that victory, the regular season comes to an end. Not a bad record for the Utes: 10-2.

Mike thinks we'll be going to the Las Vegas Bowl.

We'll see if he's right.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

AWESOME game for sure!

-m- said...

Who was the 11th win against?