Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Congratulations, Baby!

For those of you who haven't heard yet, Mike got a new job! Although this means I'll be a football widow (like I wasn't before?!), we're very excited about this new position for him. Mike will now be running all of the stores at the stadiums on the University of Utah's campus. So, not only does he get a fancy new assistant (good luck, Shawn), he also gets a chance to watch the Ute football team workout on the field during the day.

I know.
Can you imagine?
It's like the Mother Ship has called him home.

He'll also be in charge of the stores at the Huntsman Center for all the basketball games and gymnastic meets.

Sadly, this also means that I'll be attending the football games alone. (Well, not completely ALONE, as luckily we have several friends who have bought tickets with us.) And since we already purchased Mike's season ticket for the season, they'll be an empty seat next to me, if anybody wants to come and be my "date" for an evening. There are some stipulations you must agree to before Mike will let you use his most prized possession for an evening (no, I'm not talking about me, and if he wasn't able to watch the games from the press box, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken this job. I'm talking about his season ticket. The thing he's had since he was 14 years old. I can't tell you how excited he gets when his season tickets finally come in the mail (yes, we play the fight song and must be wearing red when we open the envelope). Personally, I look forward to Cowboy Corndogs more than anything else, and I freely admit that the only reason I go to the games at all is to sink my teeth into greasy, delicious batter-fried processed meat on a stick. Hey. You really shouldn't judge until you've tried them, only then can you understand the obsession.):

Stipulation #1: Obviously, NO BYU FANS (sorry, Trent).
Stipulation #2: You must wear RED (if I have to, so do you).
Stipulation #3: Thirdly, and this one is negotiable, Mike and I have to eat during the games. And guess what we want . . . Cowboy Corndogs.

First game of the season is tomorrow night against Utah State!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought I was your date:) Conrgats Mike on the new job! You'll totally rock at it!
Oh and whoever doesn't like cowboy corndogs is NOT invited to sit with our little group.

Aim Aug said...

Yay Mike! Does the Y play at your stadium this year? I'll go to that one! I'd even wear red (but only because I don't want to get mugged, inside I will always bled blue).

Trent Augustus Photography said...

All right, item number 1 is crap! Let me explain.
1 - I didn't go to BYU!
2 - I never said I was a huge BYU fan!
3 - I have a life outside of college football, so as long as a Utah team is winning I'm happy!
4 - I do not own a single piece of clothing that says BYU!

Clark said...

Hey, we just started a fan page for Cowboy Corndogs on Facebook. With a blog entry like that, I figured you would want to know. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowboy-Corndogs/320190904691?ref=nf
We're just getting the content and photos added. Once you join, you can add photos of your own.
See you there.