Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1461 Days

1461 days.

Or 4 years.

Mike and I have been eternally bound to each other for 4 years.

And we haven't killed each other yet. Amazingly, enough.
I told Mike that the only thing I wanted for our anniversary was for him to plan the day and not ask me what I wanted to do. I just wanted him to do everything (kind of selfish of me, but . . . eh).

So, we went to the zoo.
Where we saw an exhibit entitled "Nature's Nightmares:And were told before we went in to not speak too loudly, or the bats might get upset and attack. (The zoo worker telling us this literally laughed at my face when she said that.)

Bats. Gross.

And we had to go and meet Zuri, the baby elephant. I was amazed at how human-like elephants are. Zuri was laying on the ground and she kept moving her leg to scratch and all I could think was how human-like it looked.

And then there were the giraffes:
And then . . . the camera died. So no pictures of the wolf (which Mike was sad about, because every time he's been to the zoo, the wolf is never out, and he was out front and center).

Oh, and by the way, it was HELLA-HOT at the zoo.

So, after our animal encounter, we went home to spend time in the air-conditioning (and to charge the camera), before heading out to dinner.

Mike took me to eat my very favorite thing in the entire world: No, not Japanese umbrellas . . .

Sushi.

I love it so much, I really think I could eat it everyday and not be sick of it. Even the picture looks yummy to me.

So, it's been 4 years.

And I wouldn't trade him for anything. Normally, we're not a couple who professes our love outright in front of other people, but I love Mike more than anything and I can't wait for the next 1461 days (and beyond).

I think I just threw up a little bit.

No comments: