Monday, January 25, 2010

Utes Victory Over Georgia Dogs

Yes.

That's Georgia's mascot. A dog. Don't really know what that is about.In football, when the team is introduced, they get a smoke machine. In gymnastics, the girls get this: Lights around the floor, a fountain, and spotlights. I always wonder if the firealarm is going to go off, but it hasn't yet.
My friend, Remmington, came by:
He's so dramatic. And lucky! He was in the section that received the free t-shirts.
This meet was especially nerve-racking. Georgia are the dogs (get it? Dogs?!) that beat us out of the National Championship last year. We did well on the vault, but then the judges scored us extremely harsh on the uneven parallel bars. Really harsh. That's where we fell behind. But! Then, thanks to a redheaded gymnastic on Georgia's team who stepped out of bounds twice and fell during her floor routine and then fell off the beam, we managed to beat the Dogs by .05 of a point. I hate to say anything bad about a fellow redhead, but I'm sure was treated like a redheaded step-child by the rest of the team after the meet.

Between the beam and the floor, the Red Rocks have a tradition of chanting "Who Rocks The House?!"
The answer is "The Red Rocks Rock the House!"

Very close meet. But, a win is a win.
Daria Bijak, a senior gymnast who flirts with Mike every time she comes into the bookstore, took home the all-around prize. And this win over the Georgia Dogs jumped us in the national rankings to #3.

After the meet, Mike heard some of the gymnasts talking about how lucky they were to pull off a win when they were being judged so harshly, and if the judging had been fair, then we would have beaten them by more than a .05. Stupid judges.

When Sarah and I left to go home, we came outside to find big, fat, UGLY snowflakes.

I hate snow and Sarah loves it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE the snow!!! And I think it was SO funny that I was laughing so hard about it and you were so irritated with it... the snow I mean:) We were SO much more covered then this picture shows. We were SOAKED. It was a GREAT time!

Sarah said...

Oh and way to go Red Rocks!

Remmington said...

I like us!