Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cameron's 5th Birthday Party

My nephew, Cameron, is now officially five-years-old.

That's a whole hand!

And to celebrate, my sister threw him an "Animal Party." So, all the kids brought a favorite stuffed animal to the party, and we played Hide-'N'-Go-Seek with their animals. (Which means, Trent spent a lot of time hiding stuffed animals.)

Not to totally judge my sister (but I'm still gonna!), there was way too many kids there. Just look:

There's 1, 2, 3 . . . I don't think Cameron can even count that high!

(*NOTE* Reader, Beware: I am about to sit high on my non-child throne. I firmly believe that there should only be as many children at a child's birthday party as the number of years that child is turning. 3 years-old = 3 children, 6 years-old = 6 children. Yes, yes, I'm sure I will throw that rule out the window when it's my kid, but for now I will perch here on my throne and Aimee can comment and tell me that she was under obligation all she wants; I stand by my statement. WAY too many kids there. This incident did, however, give me a new found respect for Kindergarten teachers.)

Anyway, the kids all had a fun time banging on a pinata:

And after ALL the kids had a turn, the pinata still hadn't broken open (it was some sort of mutant gene of a "Super Pinata"), so Aimee and Trent let Tyson beat it until it burst open. After that, it was time for cake and ice cream. And, once again, my sister totally amazes me with her cake-making abilities:
I know.

Seriously.

Can you believe she made that?! My kids are going to be so embarassed by the store-bought cakes they're going to get for their birthdays from me. I hang my head in shame already.

After the cake, the kids came up with this fun game: It was called, "Hit Aunt Lissa with the Balloons." Kaylee thought it was hilarious. And after that, I constantly had kids "battling" me with balloons. I believe Grandma is responsible for thinking up that game. Thanks a lot. Happy Birthday, Cameron!Welcome to being a whole hand!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The cake is WAY cute!