Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Utes Rally to Beat the Rams and Zombieland

I swear Mike has a secret wish. It's to lose all his toes to frostbite. Luckily, his wish didn't come true this past weekend, because I refused to go to Colorado State for the football game. Yes, Colorado, where it was 25 degrees at kickoff and the snow came down in big, fat flakes. No, thank you.

But luckily, the Utes didn't let the temperature get the best of them (although we were quite worried for a while there; they didn't look too good during the 1st half), and we beat the Rams 24-17. It was a close game, and one where I constantly worried that Mike was going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the night.

And then I have Ryan to thank for my lack of sleep for the past few nights.

After the game, Mike and I decided to go see a movie. And since Ryan has done nothing but praise Zombieland for the past week, we decided to go see it and invite Sarah and Ryan to come with us. Sarah, being so much smarter than me, opted out and just sent Ryan.

Yes, it was funny. Don't get me wrong. Bill Murray portraying a Zombie can be nothing but funny. But I have this annoying habit of letting things stick in my head and watching Zombies with blood dripping off their mouths running after people has stuck with me. It was so distrubing to me that I started to get a massive headache about halfway through the movie. And it stayed for 2 days.

I told my boss at work that we went to see Zombieland over the weekend and her only comment was that I must really love Mike. Yes, I do, but he SO owes me. And I'm thinking . . . New Moon. Okay, okay, I won't be that mean, but there's definitely a girly movie in his future.

In other exciting news:
Our friend, Ed, finally man-ed up and popped the question to Jen. He took her on a surprise trip to Disneyland where he asked her to marry him in front of the castle. Lucky girl. And so sweet of him to propose in her favorite place on earth. It was definitely an "AWWWW" moment.

But Mike does romantic things for me too. Like . . . remember . . . well, he . . . there was the time . . . (give me a minute, I'm THINKING) . . . Hmmm . . . Oh, wait! The time when he bought me my jersey to wear to the games! That was nice and romantic of him! I knew there was something!

Anyway, we're off to Vegas on Saturday morning for (what else) the Utah v. Vegas football game.

GO UTES!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You're such a good wife!

Ryan W said...

Rule #18 would have helped you a great deal I think.

Mike & Melissa said...

Zombieland Rule #18: Limber up.
Yes, that must have been my problem.