Monday, July 26, 2010

A Weekend Away

I have really great parents.

The best ever.

I'm sorry if you thought your parents were the best, but you're wrong. My parents are.

My parents will do anything for anybody and are the most generous people ever. EVER.

So, how do we pay them back for being so great?

We take them to the cabin for the weekend where they can relax.

My dad had never been to Yellowstone before. (I know, what?!) We didn't go as kids (why would we? Family of all girls. Camping = big no, no. Actually, OUTDOORS = BIG NO, NO), so we took him to:

Old Faithful:

(Yup, still boring.)

And the "Little Grand Canyon of Yellowstone:" Where there is a really pretty waterfall:

And we got caught in a buffalo traffic jam:
And we literally saw 2 buffalo butting heads feet away from our car. It was kind of scary, but really cool:

This is my dad:He's taking pictures of the fighting buffalo out of the sunroof.

My parents and Mike were also good sports and indulged me in going to see a show at Mack's Inn Theater. We had fun before the show started:

The show was a spoof of Robin Hood.

I think I said, "I'm sorry," to my family at least 50,000 times. It was awful. Well, no, the first act was awful, the second act was just okay. Mike leaned over to me at one point and said, "We drove 4 hours to listen to Mormon humor?" There were a lot of Mormon jokes. And it was funny, just not extremely funny. And the guy who played Robin Hood looked way to comfortable in his tighty, tight tights. So, that was my indulgence for the weekend.

The next day we went to Big Springs and Johnny Sack's Cabin. Whenever Mike and I have gone there in the past, the cabin has always been closed, so we'd never seen inside it before. Johnny Sack was a German immigrant who was only 4'11" tall. His house has become a historical monument in Big Springs.

Kind of cool: It was a really nice weekend. And it was especially great to get away from the heat (the high was 85 up there; jealous?) and relax.


My mom will do a much better job (and her pictures are better) of detailing our trip, so jump over to her blog: http://www.robinsonrubbish.blogspot.com/

Thank you to the Steed's for letting us use the cabin!

1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

The really are the best ever!