Friday, July 30, 2010

SC&M Bees Night

Aww . . . the Salt Lake Bees.

One of the perks of the new firm I work for is that they sponsor a Bees Night for everybody and their families.
So . . . Mike and I went: And just to give you a picture of how alieninated I am at this firm, I only saw a few people from afar that I recognized. Hmmm . . . I should probably fix that.
Feel the stretch:
Bumble, Bumble, Bumble:
How do you become a mascot? Is there a mascot camp?
During the game, they made the announcement that Frank Layton was signing autographs. There was a line, but I did want a picture, so I took this from afar:
At all baseball events (okay, maybe not ALL, I don't think Little League does it), they play "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch. And guess who led the crowd: Frank was literally RIGHT by us. We could have reached out and touched him. And we were probably on the jumbo-tron, being that close to him.

After the 7th inning stretch, Frank was kind enough to take pictures with fans. I was trying to just take a picture of him, and he motioned for me to come over. Frank was really nice. He even asked me what my name was and who the handsome man I was sitting with was and everything. (Part of me was thinking, "Is Frank Layton hitting on me? Or could he possibly be interested in Mike?"

What a nice, nice man.

Okay, it's summer, right? You'd think I'd be able to get at least a little tan, right?! Well, as this picture proves, that must be impossible for me:In the end, the Bees won, 5-4. The game was pretty exciting, which is why I love baseball!

This firm really does have some great perks.