Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thoughts on Valentine's Day

Here's my thoughts:

I think it's the stupidest holiday ever.

The end.

And, as the girls in my ward told me when I said that, I must have the luckiest husband ever, because he doesn't have to do anything for Valentine's Day.

Yup, he's a lucky one.

I know you were probably thinking I was going to say something like, "Mike and I don't need a special day to celebrate our love! We celebrate all year round!"

I just threw up a little bit.
Don't get me wrong.

I love Mike.

I love, love, love Mike.

But I don't need to give him those gross chalk-like conversation hearts for him to know that. Seriously, who invented those things? It's like someone took a piece of chalk, colored it pink, wrote "I love you" on it and called it candy. How is this a billion dollar idea?!

But I will admit my very favorite part of this holiday: JuJu Hearts.

They are my very favorite candy in the world and you can only get them at stupid, dumb Valentine's Day.

Mean, dumb-ass candy-nazis.

5 comments:

Ryan W said...

Lol...great post.

Sarah said...

I threw up a little in my mouth too... Thanks for NOT saying that:)

Nicole said...

Melissa, YOU ARE HILARIOUS, every time I read your blog it makes me laugh. You should write a book. I wish I lived closer so we could hang out once in awhile.

Remmington said...

I love juju hearts too!!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely hilarious. I don't think the holiday is lame, I think what people do or are 'expected' to do is lame. I think it's fun that you put up heart and red decorations and get to eat the best candy of the year which is only available at that time (those juju hearts you mentioned, but also those cinnamon hearts with the sugar coated on the outside and cinnamon lips, etc) and that you get to celebrate loving people. But what is lame is expecting to get someone gifts. Isn't your love gift enough!? SHEESH!