Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

So, this past Sunday we got together to watch the Colts try to take out the Saints.

You want to know what the very best part of the Super Bowl is?

The fact that after it's over, there's NO MORE FOOTBALL for a long time! *Insert GASP here* Yes, I'm starting to like football, but after the Utes are done, I'm done. Carrie Underwood graced us with her rendition of "The National Anthem."
The Who performed at halftime. Who? The Who? Who is performing at halftime? Who? (Yeah that joke went on for quite a while.) And I thought they didn't start off very well, and it took them a couple of numbers to finally get into their stride, but in the end they had that stadium waving cell phones like it was Woodstock. And the stage was very cool.

In the 2nd half, I convinced Sarah to play Candyland and Checkers with me.

I won't say who won, because that would really deflate my pride.

In the end, the Saints were "blessed" and ran over the Colts for a final score of 31-17. Which, ironically enough, was the final score of the Sugar Bowl when the Utes played Alabama.

And does anybody actually know what the Saints mascot is?

The Pope? (Courtesy of Durrant.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love this post Melissa :) And please do let us know what the Saints mascot is when you find out...I'd love to know!

Sweet J said...

Number one...The Who rocked it. Number Two....I cry everytime I remember football is over. Number Three....were are you guys? We miss your faces

Sarah said...

The Saints mascot is.... drum roll please...
The Saint Bernard! Ya the dog. I guess they just went for whatever had the word saint in it.

Jill said...

PS - I get the credit for the Pope. Durrant's vote was Kim Kardashian (Reggie Bush's girlfriend). :)