Monday, August 22, 2011

Some People Are Really Stupid

So, this morning I dropped Mike off at the University (as it is the first day of school, so parking would have been a nightmare for him), and proceeded to drive back down the hill to my office. When you turn right out of the bookstore parking lot, the road has a lane on each side and train tracks that run up the middle, and concrete barriers that protect the train tracks.

As I preceded down the hill, I noticed a car coming straight at me coming up the wrong side of the road. And as there was no place for me to go to avoid a collasion, I just stopped. The idiot driving come within about 5 feet of me before she realized I wasn't moving (and a line of cars had formed behind me).

And then she just stared at me.

Uh, excuse me, but you're the one who is going the wrong way.

It took her a good 5 minutes to realize she was on the wrong side of the road and to back down the hill.

I'm going to chalk this experience up to first day of school nerves for this woman.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Good thing you stopped.