Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yes, That's Me

For those who keep asking, yes, that is me in the Deseret News with the 80's hair and incredibly big Christmas bow.


GROSS.

There's a reason the 80's went out of style.

And that bow is the reason.

The worst part?

The 80's are coming back.

Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that shoulder pads don't come back like stretch pants and wide belts. Hopefully, we're fashion-conscious enough now to realize how embarrassing it was to walk around looking like Jerry Rice all the time.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700028724/Stage-calendar-Magnolias-among-theater-offerings.html

P.S. By the way, the show is Steel Magnolias and I'm in the MWF cast, except for Friday, May 21st and Wednesday, June 2nd. I will also be appearing with the TTHS cast on Saturday, May 22nd, Tuesday, June 1st and Thursday, June 3rd (although there is the possibility that Missy might get her way and I man up and tell my counterpart she can't have my shows, but, let's be honest here, that really doesn't sound like me). Steel Magnolias runs May 7th through June 5th.

And you want to know the very best part about playing Annelle?

She's supposed to be 19 years old.

Yes, I laughed REALLY hard when I was told that's who I would be playing.

P.P.S. Not that I'm expecting anyone to come and see me embarrass myself (Mike's not even coming; he's afraid a show with this much estrogen will start his "cycle"), but if you mention my name when you buy tickets, you get a whopping $2 off.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to come see the show:) And don't worry... we don't have to join in on the 80's come back. Although it'll be fun to people watch!!!

Nicole said...

Melissa you are hilarious. I just commented on Aimee's blog, but I think that picture is great. I want to come see the show, I think its one of my favorites.

Ryan W said...

You look like a Festizio

Sweet J said...

ohhh yes we will be there.