Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flowers

As previously stated, I am not a nature girl.
Don't get me wrong, I love flowers. But only the kind where someone else did the growing and the weeding, that are bug-free and come in a vase with a packet of flower food. (And that have a thoughtfulness behind them, of course.)

So, when Mike suggested that we go look at flowers to plant in our front yard, I thought, "Why not? It's a Saturday, we have nothing to do, and they'll be so many people there, Mike will get frustrated and we'll leave before we buy anything."
My train of thought did not coincide with reality.
To say it was an out-of-body experience would be the understatement of the year.
We bought flowers.

Flowers that Mike was somehow convinced I was going to plant in our front yard.

Who did he think he was dealing with?

Me?!

Put my hands in the gross, dirty DIRT?!

There's a reason it's called DIRT!!!

I THINK NOT, MR.!!!
In case you can't tell, I hate dirt.

And when my mom called and asked what we were doing and I told her we were planting flowers, I think she laughed for 10 minutes straight.
Then she asked that I put her real daughter on the phone.

I really don't do things like this. And how Mike convinced me is nothing short of a miracle.

But in the end . . . I did it:
The only problem now is Mike expects me to remember to water them.

And weed them.

HA!

Yeah, like that's happening.

3 comments:

Aim Aug said...

Wow...that's all I can say...wow. I think you might actually be classified as an adult now? Maybe... They look pretty! Mine are still in the pots from the nursery sitting in the middle of the lawn so they get watered by the sprinklers, otherwise, I forget. They dry up and die. How come Mom's the only one in the family with a green thumb?

Ryan W said...

Is that what I trampled on my way to go fishing Monday?

They look nice. You should do it more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I just saw that you have me listed in your blog roll, I'm glad you think what I write is yummy:)
Good luck with the watering:)