Monday, April 5, 2010

Thoughts on Easter

Do you want to know why I love Easter?
Besides the religion aspect, of course?

Because I get to watch this:
Is there a better Easter movie out there? It's the ultimate movie-musical!
You know, the ones where they always do a show within the movie in order to pack it full of as many meaningless musical numbers that don't really go with the story as possible. My favorite kind!
And, it's the only movie Fred Astaire ever made where you don't watch him during the dance numbers. You watch Judy. Wonderful, amazing Judy Garland. She even dresses in drag in this movie! It's a Must-See for all ages.

Confession: I love this movie so much, I bought the soundtrack a couple of years ago and it's always on my ipod. (Yes, I freely admit that I'm that much of a musical geek. But it's JUDY, people. JUDY. A woman who, minus her drug-addiction and her multiple husbands, I wish I could be!)

I know that for some of you out there, your Easter traditions probably include watching this:
Okay.

I'll say it.

BORING.

Why in the world would your want to watch Charlton Heston talk in a monotone for 6 hours, when you could be watching Judy Garland sing and dance?! Yes, yes, there is the excitement of all the bare-chested men, but still not worth it.

Or! (At least in my opinion) this would be a better Easter choice (mainly just because it's always on every Easter):
I made Mike watch the end of it last night. Which just made me want to watch the entire thing. Again, what could be a better Easter tradition than a singing nun, a whistling-blowing captain, 7-kid families, and nazis?!
I say NOTHING!

3 comments:

Aim Aug said...

I made Trent's family watch S of M yesterday. They were so bored! I don't care! My house, my Easter movie! Loved it!

Sarah said...

I actually have never seen Easter Parade... shocker. There's A LOT of movies that you totally love that I havnen't seen. I'll add this to my list:)

Jill said...

I'm with Sarah, I haven't seen Easter Parade either. Maybe we should fix that, hmmmm???? :)