Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Poinsettia Bowl Game

So, yes, we went to San Diego on the University's dime. And even though we did get to go to Disneyland, we spent the rest of the time opening boxes and selling merchandise.

One night, we were fortunate enough to be able to head down the the Gaslamp District to watch the "Battle of the Bands."
Which was really fun. Cal's band played, our band played, and everyone had a good time. Especially when the band played the Fight Song!

We were fortunate enough to be able to go the actual Bowl Game (we had everything re-boxed up and ready to ship out).

And I know that Jen is jealous, because we got to go here for the game: The San Diego Charger's Stadium. I'm pretty sure that it's what she thinks Heaven looks like.

The game started at a low point for the Utes, as Cal scored 2 touchdowns in the first half. But we rallied and things were looking up at half-time. Especially since there were fireworks!

The last one is my favorite, because it looks like the stadium is on FIRE!

So, anyway, we rallied and won. And I hate to say it, but it was COLD! I know, I know. It was 50 degrees and I shouldn't complain about that, because it was 7 degrees and snowing in Utah at the time, but come on! California should be warmer than that! That's why people go there.

I asked Tom to take a picture and this is what he gave me: So, I was more specific and asked him to take a picture of me and Mike with the field. I call this picture "Tom Being Snarcastic to Melissa":Snarcastic = Snarky + Sarcastic = TOM.

Then he took a real one for me: So we won!
Final Score:
37-27. Go Utes! The kid that was sitting behind us kept asking his dad if they were going to rush the field when we won. Mike kept laughing, because who rushes the field at the Poinsettia Bowl?!

After the game, we went out to dinner in the Gaslamp District again and found the most amazing thing!I loved this Big Red Chair so much I had to take a picture.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the chair! It'd look great in your front room:)

Sweet J said...

Heaven is Qualcomm. No Doubt.