Tuesday, December 8, 2009

ChRisTMas TaG

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
HA! Have to get past Mike's birthday (tomorrow) first.

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
My favorite is when Santa flies over on Christmas Eve and drops pajamas and a highway flare in the backyard and leaves a note telling us that he's flown over once and if we're not in bed the next time he flies over we're getting nothing for Christmas. (Santa's notes were more and more obscene the older we were.)
And I love that we open the presents one at a time.

3. When do you put up your tree?
This year it didn't happen until December. We were too busy going to Provo for the BYU/Utah game.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
I went early with my mom and my sister once. ONCE. And I was so bruised by the time I came home from being hit with shopping carts that I vowed to never do that again. Black Friday shoppers are mean.

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
We travel to West Jordan to visit Mike's family.
But this year we're actually traveling to San Diego on the 20th and coming back on the 24th, because the Utes are playing in the Poinsettia Bowl on the 23rd. (I know! How fun is that going to be? Traveling home on Christmas Eve?! I just hope we make it back in time!)

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
When my grandparents were still alive, we used to always go to their house in Idaho for Christmas. My Grandpa would always pass out the presents, one by one. It would sometimes take hours for us to open all the presents (we were very spoiled as children; still are). I remember this one Christmas when my Grandpa was passing out the presents and he couldn't quit . . . well . . . passing gas, as he bent over pick up the presents.

My grandparents also had this really hideous fake white-flocked tree that really belonged in 1968 (which is when they probably bought it) and thinking about that tree now always makes me laugh.

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
White Christmas. I love it. Poor Mike has to suffer watching it several times each year.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking? What's your favorite treat?
I am this year. And I'll take anything with sugar in it.

9. Fake or real tree?
FAKE! My sister and brother-in-law used to get a real tree every year until the year their tree came with its own personal spider-sac. They had little spiders running around for weeks.
No, thank you.

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
Now.

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Probably this year, since we won't be home until the 24th. And this is me we're talking about, so the probability of getting everything done before we go to San Diego is really minimal.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
I love it when we go see the Lights on Temple Square. But this year I really want to go ice skating at the Gallivan Center (HINT).

13. What Christmas Craft do you like the best?
Crafts?!

14. Christmas music? Yes or no, and if yes, what is your favorite song?
Anything from Josh's Christmas CD.

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
I still have to get Mike something for his birthday first. Really, December birthdays should be outlawed.

Thanks for the tag Sar:) I tag Aimee, Candee, Jill and Jen, and anyone else who would like to play along:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How fun that Santa would come by your house! What a cute idea:)