Friday, December 2, 2011

A Christmas Tradition


It's my favorite time of year! I love, love, love Christmas time. Love, love. LOVE.

LOVE.

Lucky for me, I grew up in a family who loves Christmas as much as I do. My mom always turns the house into an absolute fairyland! (And some years that is literally a fairyland. My mom does "themes" for Christmas. Each Christmas, she picks a different theme for the year. Santas, snowmen, nutcrackers, gingerbread men, and her favorite, fairies. (YES, she has enough Christmas decorations to decorate with just that one theme each year. YES, storing all those Christmas decorations drives my dad nuts.) And my mom loves glitter. To her, glitter is her prozac. Mike always says he knows when Lucy has been at Grandma's because she comes home with glitter on her. And her Christmas decorations have tons of glitter! My dad always says everything is glitter-covered at their house until July.)

Anyway, one of our traditions has been to visit the Festival of Trees. And this year, it means that Lucy met Santa for the first time! We had a hard time getting her to smile, because she really needed a nap, but she didn't scream, so I'd say it was a win. I've got to say (and Mike will laugh when I admit this) the trees were a little disappointing this year.

Except for this one: The "U" on top lit up. It was awesome. I must try to find one for our tree. I'm betting Mike would prefer that to the purple butterfly that adorns our tree now.

And this "Tangled" Gingerbread House was pretty impressive: But, mostly, it was a disappointment. Seriously (and I'm not sucking up so Santa will bring me more presents!), my mom's Christmas trees are a lot better than most of the trees we saw.

I'm so excited to be able to share my favorite time of year with Lucy this year (yeah, because an almost 8-month-old really knows what's going on, right?!)!

Right.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a happy baby!!! She looks so cute:)