Monday, September 12, 2011

Lucy's First Road Trip

This past weekend, Lucy experienced her first road trip. We went to Boise with the entire family (minus Jen, unfortunately) for a wedding. We used to go there all the time when my Grandparents were living there. We drove by their old house.
It's funny, but I chould have sworn that front gate was bigger. Other than that, it looks exactly the same. We all reminisced about the goods times we had with Grandma and Grandpa Hannaman. When we were kids, we spent an entire summer in Boise once. Lucky for us, the neighbors on one side had a pool and the neighbors on the other side had 6 kids.

We also went to visit the Grandparents. It was really hard to say the least. And that's all I'm going to say about that.



And then we went to the wedding. My "cousin," Little Linda (her mom's name is Linda too, so Big Linda and Little Linda) married a man in a kilt. The wedding was really fun. (Note to self: stilettos and grass don't mix. I think I spent the majority of the time trying to pull my (new!) shoes out of the ground.) And then disaster struck . . .

My dad was holding Lucy and, of course, she was sitting contentedly, smiling at everyone, and I was thinking to myself, "I should probably change her diaper soon."

When . . .

I noticed a "fountain" of sorts spraying my dad.

Seriously. It was a fountain. I saw the spurt.

Lucky for him, he was wearing dark pants, because the picture really doesn't do it justice. It was everywhere! (And by "it," I mean poop.) The poor guy! It was all down his lap and there was even a puddle on the chair. (I swear our kids wait until their Grandpa is holding them to shoot things out orifices. They throw up on him, poop on him, spit up on him, etc. And only him.) Lucy just laughed.
Poor Dad!

Then we came home. Lucy was really good in the car.
And the Utes lost their first PAC12 game to the USC Trojans 14-17.
Yes, Mike left the wedding to watch the game at a sports bar.

Which means he still owes me a dance.

Go UTES!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok Lucy looks SO cute in those glasses! And poor grandpa:( Good think he loves her so much!!!